You don’t know what it is like to feel dirty. To feel ugly.
To feel controlled. Look at me, what do you see, tell me, what do you see?
Because to truly understand this kind of addiction; you need to face the
outcome, without fear, without disgust.
So look at me.
I am the result of society. I am the product of human
opinions, judgements and ideologies. You look away now, because the guilt
begins to tug at your brain. You don’t want to see me, because my ugliness only
reflects you. But I ask, look again, and look again you do, because humans,
humans are inquisitive.
You see the cuts. Do they make you shudder? Do they
cut-cut-cut at your pretty little picture of what is right and wrong? Do they
ooze over your contorted version of reality? Have you ever put blade to skin?
Have you ever felt the release of blood? Warm and thick. It makes you feel in
control, like you have a say over yourself.
But the truth is you have no power. You are weak. We are all
weak. Without our technology and our smart books and our petty concept of security
we would be destroyed. But what they don’t tell you, is that what we think
protects us, is actually the very thing that is destroying us, slowly,
painfully.
And you choose to ignore it. Because you can’t face it. Well
I have. I’ve faced what all you ‘smart’ people hide from. And I failed. Just
like you all will eventually.
So lock me away,
Drug me up,
Tie me up.
Wish to put me
down like you would your weak injured dog.
Would that make you feel powerful? You look away now,
ashamed, embarrassed. Because your thoughts were ‘wrong’. Not civilised.
Well. Let
me tell you this, our world, our humanity, our lives that we live desperately
just to speed up the process of death.
None of it is civilised.
My, my, now I know I’m making you squirm.

No comments:
Post a Comment